Before you Start
There’s nothing that wows dinner party guests like beef tenderloin, but you may never have prepared it for fear of not getting it right. Take heart: the Slow Roast Mode of the Wolf convection steam oven attends to all the details, so success is assured.
A beef tenderloin between 1.5 – 3kg works best. If desired, though not necessary, the beef tenderloin could be seared on the grill or in a large roasting pan for added color and flavor.
It is important to note that while the Slow Roast Mode will allow you to delay the start of the process for as long as you like, food safety can become an issue. It is not recommended to delay the start of the process more than a few hours.
1. Combine all ingredients for the rub in a food processor and puree into a paste.
2. Spread rub on all sides of the tenderloin. The meat can be cooked right away, or it can be marinated overnight, covered with plastic wrap.
3. Place the roast on the solid pan. Insert the temperature probe into the center of the thickest part of the meat, taking care to fully cover the entire metal shaft of the probe. Plug the probe into the oven.
4. Select More > Slow Roast Sear > Beef and choose Tenderloin. We recommend 3 hours and 137°F for the probe temperature.
5. After the beef tenderloin is done, you can optionally sear the tenderloin on a grill for even deeper flavor.
2.5kg Beef Tenderloin
2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 Bunch Parsley
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Large Shallot
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Coriander
1 Bay leaf
1 tbsp Black Pepper
¼ cup Rape seed Oil
2 tbsp Salt
2 Springs of Rosemary
½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes